Friday, February 29, 2008

Where are Journals #1 to 11? Which one does Hawksley Workman have?!

Journal #1. Handed by me to Kate D. & Ben W. -- handed to a woman & her daughter on the NYC Subway by Ben W. -- wonder what the journal is doing now...

Journal #2. Mailed to my mentor in Vancouver, BC -- it arrived at her school

Journal #3. Mailed to a writing genius in Toronto, ON -- it arrived in his hands

(I only know the above thanks to the Purolator tracking system)

Journal #4. Still dawdling on this one...'tis almost complete -- sending this to Oprah!!! www.oprah.com -- gosh it'll be fun when she reads this, it's a 'Dear Oprah' letter, but in a journal - oh the excitement!

Journal #5. Left at CBC Radio in the studio after my interview on the morning of Feb. 4

Journal #6. Secretly left it on the kitchen counter at my friend Meghanne's home - she passed it on to her mother who brought it to Mexico!

Journal #7. The Secret Seventh - can't disclose anything more than that, but it's out of my hands

Journal #8. I gave this one to my brother, Peter!

Journal #9. I gave this to my acting students at St. Lawrence College on the last day of class.

Journal #10. I gave this to an old co-worker, Katie - she happily took it with her to Barcelona -
yahoo!

Journal #11. This was given to one of Hawksley Workman's band members, Dave, after an
absolutely fantastic show! This was their first show ever, with the new band
members - there were over 20 instruments on that stage - wow - Meghanne (my
dear friend who gave me a ticket for my b-day) and I both wrote messages in the
journal to Hawksley - I wrote the following (oooh...a look inside the journal):

Hawksley, "your beauty's rubbing off, your beauty's rubbing off on me - your beauty's rubbing off, your beauty's rubbing off on me...." Thank you. Claudia :)

So, I basically quoted one of his songs. Ha. What else could I do at his show? It was amazing. They're playing in Kingston next Tuesday - if I wasn't teaching, I would totally be there!

Hopefully Hawksley will send me a photo of himself w/ the journal - I didn't have my camera with me to take a photo. Thus, Hawksley will definitely send a pic for all of us to enjoy! :)

No comments: