Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Travelling Journals inspire the Green Party!

Ok, I'm not trying to stir up a political discussion on here...but I believe that whatever our beliefs (aside from those that harm others), we should follow our hearts - see message below...

"I heard your interview on CBC Radio this week and thought your idea for the "travelling Journal" was fabulous.

You made a comment on CBC that you welcome others to try your idea. I thought of a special way to try it, but I would like to ask your permission first.

I'm involved with the Green Party. We just started a process out in Stittsville to talk to ordinary people in small settings to find out what they think about politics in Canada, and what is important to them. We don't have money to do polls, and frankly it's not really our style. We wanted direct interation to make sure we were properly interpreting what the message was, not just processing data.

What I'd like to do is try your idea on a very local scale to allow some people that don't normally feel confident enough to express their opinions on politics to have an opportunity to do that.

We would only circulate a few of them locally in west Ottawa (Kanata, Stittsville, Almonte area), and would be careful to preserve your message and theme of hearing what people have to say, not navigating them with questions. You would of course be welcome to see and hear everything that come out of this, if you wish.

If you would prefer we don't try this we will respect your wishes, and hope you the best with your project." ~ Murray Reeves

Murray,
thank you for your message - I think that's a fantastic idea - one of my points about being creative is NEVER STOP THE CREATIVE FLOW - I don't own this idea - my goal is for these journals to inspire other people - and I'm glad to hear that it's already working!

Best of Luck,
Claudia :)

PS: If anyone is interested in helping out for the above mentioned project, Murray is always looking for volunteers! Just post a message here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Murray Reeves said...

Hi Claudia -

I wish I could comment on one of your journals, but I can't. Maybe something nice - you might recall about a year ago I asked your permission to copy your idea and use it to get political opinions from our riding. last week I finally got it done - 6 journals launched.

I hope we both hear back some day!