Thursday, January 31, 2008

Journal-o-Rama

That's the title that just popped into my head...hmmm....have been avoiding this blog...have also been avoiding sending out 'The Second One' even though it's been finished for days. Today, however, is the day...Journal #2 will be off to Vancouver in no time...I swear! This morning, I figured out why I've been slowwwwwwly working on the journals...it's 'cause I've started missing them already! What will I do when all six are out of my hands....ahhhhhhh....so...here's the relief part: this project is no longer simply about 'Six Travelling Journals' - I'm going to send out ONE-HUNDRED TRAVELLING JOURNALS!!!! (and when I finish those, I will send out another 100). I realized that I have way too many people and places to send journals to. (a good dozen have already expressed interest in writing in one, which bothered me at first -- 'you can't just ask me for one of my journals, I have to feel it -- gimme a break Claudia' -- but now I realize that it is a compliment and another step closer to reaching an infinite goal. The goal is to touch the whole world. Six Travelling Journals. What was I thinking? Ha! I wasn't. I did dream that only one journal travelled the world - now I'm making that dream a reality that is even bigger than the dream itself. Wow.

So much love,
Claudia :)

PS: Each journal is a unique gift to each person that it's passed on to. My dear friend Kate and the girl who co-received the first journal said that when you give something to someone, it makes them feel like they're valuable. Too many people don't feel cherished. This journal gives you permisson to celebrate the greatness that's in you. You are important and your greatness needs to be shared.

PPS: The song 'Message in a Bottle' is a perfect example of what's going on here. One of my students told me that the guy sends out 1 Message in a Bottle and at the end of the song, he goes back to the shore and receives 1000 Messages in Bottles back! Now imagine, the entire world communicating via journals! I am going to keep fighting against our soul-sucking, electronic world by 'handwriting' my thoughts to the world. It is more touching to receive a letter in the mail that someone took the time to write, than a quick message via email. Isn't it?
Yesterday, I requested my Danish friend's mailing address and she replied with her email address! When she realized that I actually wanted to send her something in the mail she called me 'sooooo old-fashioned'! I say go old-fashioned, go!

PPPS: My ps's are long winded. I don't even know that they stand for or how to do a third PS - anyone care to enlighten me?

No comments: