Friday, January 25, 2008

The First One - travels to New York City! The Second One...

On January 24th, 2008 - I woke up at 3:30am to drive Kate & Ben to the airport - they were heading to NEW YORK CITY - (sigh) - all of a sudden it hit me - The First Journal!!! There was not a doubt in my mind that this was it. The first journey of the first journal. So excited. I also felt compelled to place a gift inside 'the gift' for my friends. I stopped somewhere near Kate's house to hastily write my first message - no getting this right - nothing profound - I simply wrote down exactly what was happening in my life at that moment. ie: sorry for being late to pick you up -- then I wrapped the journal in tissue paper and placed it in a beautiful gift bag. Don't worry Ben, it was re-used... I insisted that Ben & Kate wait to open the gift until they got on the plane. I was smiling the whole way home.

This evening, I began writing into The Second One - will send this to a special person in Vancouver.

As I started writing tonight, I realized just how different the personalities of each journal will be.

A Trail of Faith -- I have faith that the journal journeys will end where they began.

So much love.

Claudia :)

1 comment:

Travelling Journals said...

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM - I LOVE YOU!