Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Twelfth One Goes to Florida!

Last Monday, I scrambled to complete Journal #12 (my b-day is 12/12, so this is cool) for my dear, talented friend Kelly Banks. Her and her bf were off to a festival (can't remember the name) in Florida. She will keep us posted on the journals travels and send us pics. Looking forward to it KB - have a fantastic time!

As for the fourth journal...it's still in my hands, almost a month after starting to write in it. Dear Oprah...I promise myself to send it out almost every day, but it hasn't happened yet. Today. Today. Today I will send it out. I did however, appear on the show 'Daytime' on Rogers Cable 22 a couple of days ago to talk about the 'travelling journals' and the got the two lovely hosts, Derick and TL to write a message to Oprah! It's cool 'cause, appearing on Daytime' is just the prelude to appearing on Oprah with the journal story! Stay tuned.... :)

Love,
c :)

PS: If you're out there and you have your hands on one of the journals, please post a message here or email me at cjurt@rogers.com - you are also welcome to send pics of you and the journal!

4 comments:

Cuppa said...

Oprah will love it!
You will know when the time is right to send it. Maybe you need a few more entries first, maybe the time is today. You will know.

Travelling Journals said...

Thanks so much - I completely agree - time will tell, time will tell... :)
What's the rush anyhow? Reminder: the journey is the reward

Anonymous said...

Journal number twelve was passed around the Langerado Music festival in the Florida Everglades and then left in the hands of one of Steve's (my boyfriend) friends that lives in Southern Ontario. He is the funniest guy I have ever met - he had me in stitches the whole time I was in Florida - he will find an interesting character to pass it onto.

For those of you who don't know what Langerado is - its an annual festival that features jam-bands inspired by the likes of the legendary Grateful Dead and Phish (there were actually really cool cover bands there). It's a great big hippie festival and the vibe is awesome. This year there was 25000 people in attendance for four days of camping, awesome music and dancing. Definitely one of the neatest experiences of my life. For those of you who are interested - visit www.langerado.com to get a better idea of what it's all about!

Where else will the journal go now??? Time will tell!

Anonymous said...

The 12th journal made it back to Canada, Waterloo to be specific, but I have a feeling it may end up over seas! This is a fantastic idea! Kudos!